Thursday, November 08, 2007

Better red than dead?!?!?



Okay, this was not supposed to be one of those angry blogs, but I just have to share what happened to me today...

Gradually, as we live our busy lives, freedom is slipping away from us. I don't know if it is a precedent from the Patriot Act or from companies like Enron, but we are ceding our rights to big business, politicians, con artists and thieves. Case in point: Dish Network deducted $420 out of my debit account, and I don't have automatic billpay. When I asked them why, they said it was written in my contract. Nowhere in my contract does it say they can use my debit card number to pay a late fee, unless I sign up for autopay, which I did not. When I explained that this was illegal, Dish offered to deduct my current billing charges from the $420 they had already stolen, and then refund the rest back to my debit card number. They had the nerve to ask me for my debit card number in order to process the refund!!! I said, you should already have it, that is how you took the late fee. The rep made some fake parrot-like noises, processed the "refund," and told me it would take 7-10 business days to refund the money into my account!!!!!!!! When I asked for a confirmation number to set up a paper trail, he said--surprise, surprise--that he could not do that at this time.

This is even shadier than the AOL customer service scandal, or the fact that Sprint "fires" complaining customers. Needless to say, I am taking this to the Attorney General's office and canceling my subscription...
Share/Save/Bookmark

0 comments:

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend