Sunday, December 30, 2007

Hallelujah!



I've found heaven online, and it's calledBlue Line By Design Retro Metal Lawn Furniture. My new favorite store!! Makes me think summer is not so far away after all.

I have such an obsession for metal motel chairs. When I see them on the lawn at antique stores, I force my fiance to screech the car to a halt so I can check them out. It must stem from my childhood summers with my mom and grandparents at the Thunderbird Motel in Guilderland, NY, with its deco motel chairs and shimmering, turquoise pool. We lived nearby, and went there often, and it was the best. It was a kind of picture-postcard road place on that East Coast version of Route 66, Route 20. It shared the road with giant tee pees and chrome diners and quaint motor cottages. No longer there, I am enamored of it still. I will ever be nostalgic for the emblems of such places.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

"Chatty Cathy" Light said...

Hey, Retro Mod Girl! I was thrilled to find a backlink to my site leading to your posting. And Guilderland? I raised my kids in Columbia County - south of Albany! Check my new webpage, okay? I think you might like the changes and additions. Thanks for the mention, posting on your blog... I have a blog too - you can find me
at
www.bluelinebydesign.com
www.bluelinebydesign.blogspot.com
Cheers, friend!
-Chatty Cathy
(now in the Adirondacks, obviously)

Retromodgirl said...

Wow, I am so happy you found the link! Your shop is right near my house, yay!! Your site additions are so much fun,and I love your furniture! I will include you in my blog links and retro store links as well.

Thank you so much for commenting, Cathy!!

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend